Guys- here are some easy ways to reduce the effects of some common toxin exposures.
Basically, men should:
- Reduce or eliminate SSRI antidepressants
- Eliminate exposure to BPA (receipts, canned food liners, plastics)
- Reduce or eliminate exposure to Phtalates – change soaps, replace vinyl shower liner, and other sources)
- Eat organic produce to eliminate sperm-killing pesticide residues
- In the winter season, avoid using heated car seats. Sperm production works best when the scrotum is at a lower temperature than the rest of the body.
- Eat wild-sourced salmon, to avoid PCBs. Check out Seafood Watch and MN Dept of Health’s info on safe fish consumption for more information.