Top 5 acupuncture websites
I have many patients ask where to go online for more detailed information about how acupuncture works and for some further details on what is actually going on when acupuncturists choose points. Here are my top 5 acupuncture website picks for more information on the huge topic of acupuncture.
- Acufinder.com – This website is a great resource for finding practitioners across the country, but I especially like their informational resources for the public to research how specific conditions are treated and other more specific information on acupuncture. There are also some great articles on herbal medicine.
- Aaaomonline.org– This patient resources section of the American Association of Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine website lists a variety of links and other information, including links to current research studies being conducted by the National Institutes of Health’s National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health.
- Acupuncturetoday.com– Another resource for a basic introduction to acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine, as well as detailed information on acupuncture terms, including many articles on treatment of specific conditions and a comprehensive list of links to state organizations and information regarding acupuncture.
- ITMonline.org– ITM, based in Protland, Oregon, was founded by and is directed by Subhuti Dharmananda, Ph.D.” Here is an informative article, written by him, describing acupuncture and its effects on the body described in both the traditional Chinese medicine terms and from the modern Western medical approach.
- Acupuncture.org – This site lists studies and other information related to acupuncture treatment and its efficacy. This tends to take a populist approach, but can be helpful in searching for specific information on what acupuncture can treat, through recent studies and many celebrity quotes.
This list may be helpful for further information, but please contact the Natural Health & Fertility Center directly at 612-871-2288 to learn more about how acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine may help you!